Aloo piaja bhaja.

Potato onion fry(Aloo piaja bhaja) is the best side dish I can have with plain paratha .It is one the easiest side dish my mom used to prepare when I was in school .My mom used to cook it twice a week or once a week at least for breakfast .I as a child loved this dish and till now also it tastes so yummm for me .This is the dish I have inherited from my mom exactly the same way my mom used to prepare I too prepare .So let's prepare it .

Ingredients -Medium sized potato - 4 ,medium sized onion -2 ,Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon ,red chili powder-1/2 teaspoon,oil-1 tablespoon,1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds,salt to taste   .

Preparations- Slice onion and potato as shown in the picture .
Heat oil in a pan ,Add mustard seeds ,let it splutter,add sliced onions fry for 2-3 minutes .
Add sliced potato ,add turmeric powder,red chili powder and salt to taste .
Cover with lid and let it cook in low flame till potato gets soft ,
Remove the lid and fry for 5 minutes more and let it crisp .
Serve hot with plain paratha .

0 comments: